Anyone, from novice to experienced online entrepreneur, can benefit from this process in learning how to start business on internet. I have seen thousands of people successfully start and expand their business by taking the 7 steps to start a internet business that we list below:
- Find a need and cover it
- Make a Copy that sells
- Design an easy-to-use web page
- Use search engines to direct traffic to your site
- Create a good reputation
- Track sales by e-mail
- Increase your income through Upselling and Back-End
FIND A NEED
Most people who are starting make the mistake of first looking for what product to sell and secondly they look at the market.But to increase the chances of success you have to start with the market. The trick is to find a group of people who are looking for a solution to a problem, but who have not found many results. On the Internet you can review this type of market studies easily:
- Visit online forums to see what people are asking and the problems they are trying to solve.
- Do keyword research to find what many people are looking for, and to identify which sites are competing.
- Check out your potential competitors by visiting their sites and taking note of what they are doing to meet the demand. Then, you can use what you have learned to create a product in a market that already exists but do it better than the competition.
COPY THAT SELLS
There is a proven formula of advertising copy that takes visitors through the sales process from the moment they arrive at the time of making a purchase:
- Awaken interest with a striking title
- Describe the problem that your product solves
- Establish your reputation as a solver of this problem
- Add testimonials from people who have used the product
- Talk about the product and how the user benefits
- Make offers
- Publish guarantees
Throughout your copy, it is necessary to focus on how your product or service is the only one capable of solving people’s problems.
DESIGN AND BUILD YOUR WEBSITE
Once you have your market and product, you are now ready for small business web design. Remember that you must maintain simplicity. You have less than five seconds to get someone’s attention. Some important tips to keep in mind:
- Choose one or two common types of letters on a white background
- Make navigation easy
- Only use images, audio or video if they enhance your message
- Includes an opt-in offer to obtain email addresses
- Make it easy to buy (no more than two clicks between the potential customer and the exit)
- Your website is your online store, so you must be customer friendly
USE SEARCH ENGINES TO MANAGE BUYERS
Pay per click advertising is the easiest way to get traffic to a new site. It has two advantages over the wait for traffic to come to you organically. First, PPC ads appear on search pages immediately, and secondly, PPC ads allow you to try different keywords, as well as headlines, prices and sales approaches. Not only can you get immediate traffic, but you can also use PPC ads to discover your best keywords, the highest conversion. Then, you can distribute the keywords through your site which will help your ranking in the search results. Also the most important ranking factor in search engine is content of your website if your content is 100% quilty and genuine that will bost your ranking faster than any other method you can check your content via plagiarism checker tool that can be used free and paid both.
ESTABLISH A REPUTATION OF EXPERT
People use the Internet to find information. Provide information for free to other sites, and you will see more traffic and better search engine rankings. The secret is to always include a link to your site with each piece of information.
Create articles, videos or any other content that people find useful. Distribute that content through online article directories or social networks.Includes “send to a friend” links in the valuable content of your website.
USE THE POWER OF E-MAIL MARKETING TO CONVERT VISITORS IN BUYERS
When you generate an opt-in list you have in your hands the creation of one of the most valuable assets of your online business. Your customers and subscribers have given permission to send them by email. That means:
- You are giving something they have asked
- You are developing lifelong relationships with them
- The answer is 100% measurable
- E-mail marketing is cheaper and more efficient than print media, television or radio because it is very specific.
- There is no better tool than tracking email with potential customers
NCREASE YOUR INCOME WITH UPSELLING
One of the most important Internet marketing strategies is the development of each customer’s life value. At least 36% of the people who have bought you will buy again if you follow them. Closing that first sale is the hardest part. So use upselling techniques to get them to buy again:
- Offer products that complement the original purchase
- Send electronic coupons
- Offer related products on the “thank you” page after buying
- Reward your customers for their loyalty and they will become even more loyal
The Internet changes so fast that, one year online is equal to about five years in the real world. But the principles of how to start and grow a successful online business have not changed at all. If you are starting a small business online do a quick review to see what step you are neglecting or never got to do in the first place.
Usman Sarwer is know as Seo Expert With more than 8 years of successful experience in areas of Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Market Research, Business Development and Technologies